Instagram Officially coming to Windows Phone soon, with other big name Apps & Games
And so ends one of the longest saga’s in the tech world, at least for Windows Phone 8 users, with Nokia officially announcing at Nokia World that Instagram will be making it’s way onto Microsoft’s platform in the coming weeks! While Windows Phone users have made do with great 3rd Party Instagram apps such as 6tag & Instance, the official version of the app will finally put an end to people lamenting the lack of an ‘official’ app. This is a clear sign that Microsoft can finally put Windows Phone back on the map being the 3rd ecosystem after Android & iOS to officially have Instagram on their platform. This is a very big turnaround from a story we published earlier this year (which we got from a source in the know).
Kevin Systrom, CEO and co-founder of Instagram had this to say of the announcement:
“Our ultimate goal is to bring Instagram to everyone who wants to use it…We’re looking forward to watching the Windows Phone community use Instagram to capture and share beautiful moments in the coming weeks.”
Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520 should be excited at being able to post some incredible pictures officially in the near future. Either way, that’s not the only apps which will be making their way to the phone in the next few weeks to months (you may find that a few apps are already available):
- CamScanner – Scan, sync, edit, share and manage your documents. Coming soon.
- ESPN F1 – The official ESPN F1 app for Windows Phone brings you the best Formula One coverage across the globe, delivered in English, French and Spanish. The app provide news, features, live race commentary, and detailed information about teams, drivers, and circuits. Coming soon.
- Instagram – The wait’s almost over. The mega popular photo and video sharing app will be coming to Windows Phone “in the coming weeks,” said Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom. “We’re looking forward to watching the Windows Phone community use Instagram to capture and share beautiful moments.” Coming soon.
- InNote – The easiest finger writing app for taking notes, writing memos and making annotations. Keep all your work, school and personal to-do notes organized with this simple-to-use note taking app. InNote is available now.
- Nokia Camera – By merging two of its most powerful and popular stand-alone photo apps—Pro Camera and Smart Camera— Nokia has makes it easier than ever to shoot and adjust photos, or create amazing motion shots and videos. Available now.
- Nokia Storyteller – Relive your memories in a dynamic and interactive way. Storyteller integrates your pictures with HERE location information, then plots the chronological picture journey on a map. Video, animated Cinemagraphs, and burst shots make your experiences come to life. Coming soon.
- Papyrus – A natural handwriting note-taking app that you use just like paper, Papyrus lets you take notes with a stylus or your finger. Select, move, resize, cut, copy and paste your handwriting, and even edit the color and thickness of your writing. Coming soon.
- phriz.be – Share high-res photos with friends and family between a variety of devices. Phriz.be will soon also offer this feature for documents. Available now.
- PicFeed – Create and share multiple custom Instagram photo feeds with Windows Phone 8. Instagram account holders can Like and Comment on Instagram photos directly from PicFeed. Easily discover new content through feeds pre-loaded with some of the best photos on Instagram. Coming soon.
- Plex – Manage and share your videos, music, and photos across Windows Phone 8, iOS, and Android devices, and any smart TV. Coming soon.
- Smart Resize – Forget cropping and resizing your photos yourself. Smart Resize can analyse and images and decide what’s important and what’s not, automatically cropping the visual clutter.
- SophieLensHD – SophieLensHD, has been redesigned for larger displays like the 6” display on the Lumia 1520. Pick from a variety of beautiful new filter packs and weave in HERE location information, Wikipedia commentary—or even your own notes—using the new template-driven user interface.
- Xbox Video – Easy access to a massive library of the latest blockbuster movies and TV shows. The Xbox Video app for Windows Phone lets you buy or rent your favorite movies and shows, and watch them across any supported device. Only Windows Phone customers will be enjoying Xbox Video on their phones this holiday season. Coming Soon
- Vine – Capture and share your short video loops with friends. Coming soon.
- Vyclone Pro – The new and improved Vyclone Pro video collaboration app is designed to take advantage of the 1080p screen on the Lumia 1520, sporting an updated user interface that lets you record and upload videos from anywhere, plus select from three exclusive video filters. Coming soon.
Whether you’re into the hardcore RPGs or simply enjoy the odd game of Andry Birds here and there, these upcoming titles will soon be absorbing your free time (descriptions are from the official Windows Phone Blog):
- Asphalt 8: Airborne – Drive 47 high-performance vehicles from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Corvette and more on 9 challenging tracks. Optimized to run on the full HD displays of the new Lumia 1520. Coming soon
- Danger Dash – Are you a real adventurer? Prove it in this endless runner that challenges you to dodge tigers and collect coins as Chuck Ace, adventure lass Miranda Rose, or the brawny Blowing Wind. Coming soon
- FIFA 14 – Feel the excitement of every pass, strike, and tackle in FIFA 14 from EA Sports. Features more than 30 leagues, over 600 licensed teams, and more than 16,000 players—from the English Premiership and La Liga to the German Bundesliga and beyond. Coming soon
- My Talking Tom – Adopt your very own baby Tom. Feed him, play with him and nurture him from a cute kitten to a fully-grown Tom cat. Coming soon
- Rabbids Big Bang – Ubisoft’s famous Rabbids have blasted off into space. Pilot a Rabbid using your jetpack’s boost and the gravity of surrounding planets to collect coins and avoiding obstacles in each stage. Coming soon
- Rail Rush – This epic game, from the makers of iStunt2 and Gravity Guy, is exclusive to Nokia Windows Phones for three months. Step into your cart and start collecting precious gold nuggets and gems while accelerate down insanely fast rails and avoiding the obstacles and other surprises along the way, Available now
- Rayman Fiesta Run – Adventure and surprises await as you race through a tasty environment made of food and cooking supplies. Coming soon
- Temple Run 2 – The sequel to the smash hit endless runner that took the world by storm. Navigate perilous cliffs, zip lines, mines and forests as you try to escape with the cursed idol. How far can you make it? Coming soon