Nokia Lumia 900, 610 coming to Australia Soon
Despite a March launch for the Lumia 800 in Australia, it looks like the Nokia Lumia 900 could be headed to the land down under along with it’s younger sibling, the Nokia Lumia 610! Media Outlet’s over the country have received their invitations to a Nokia Media Event today, where the big attractions will be the Lumia 900 and the Lumia 610 at an undisclosed location in Sydney. Being in Melbourne, we’re not receiving any invites but it’s the thought that counts Nokia (cough, cough).
Regardless, the date of this even is the 17th of May which can only mean that the two devices are expected to launch next month (or early July at the very latest, not too far behind the rest of the world!). The big question will be whether the Lumia 900 will have a 4G LTE option, or the standard HSPA+ like the rest of the international versions out there. Furthermore, the Lumia 610 is the lowest costing Windows Phone ever (and the first to get NFC), and if they can get it selling at a cheap price (or a low $19 contract) then you can guarantee the phone will sell well as people love a good bargain.
If you’ve forgotten the specs, they are as follows:
- Processor – 800 MHz
- RAM – 256 MHz
- Camera – 5 megapixel rear facing camera
- Screen – 3.7-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen (LCD)
- Weight – 131.5 grams
- Processor – 1.4GHz Qualcomm APQ8055 + MDM9200 Processor
- Screen – 4.3-inch Clear Black Display AMOLED, 800 x 480 screen resolution
- Camera – 8 megapixel Carl Zeiss Lens back camera with dual LED Flash, 1 megapixel Front Facing Camera
- Battery – 1830mAh
- OS – Windows Phone 7.5
- Thickness – 11.4mm (0.45 inches)