Nokia Drive 3.0 and Nokia Transport 2.0 details get leaked
Nokia Drive 2.0 was just released towards the end of March, and it seems that Nokia has already been hard at work for Nokia Drive 3.0, which we spoke a little about in our other article. Version 3 of Nokia Drive brings some much anticipated changes as well as some cool features which we’re sure all Nokia Windows Phone users will be quite excited to get their hands on. The features include:
- The application “learns” based on the style of driving by
- Time travel and the density of traffic movements are tracked in real time, displaying information on the “live” tile
- Automatic determination of time of day, with the change of color scheme cards
- Manual adjustment of routes
- Off-line favourite lists with the possibility of fixing tiles on the desktop.
Every update towards the Nokia Drive application clearly moves it towards the territory of a real standalone GPS. That, and it gives Nokia a leg up on other phone manufacturers.
Following that, Nokia Transport (which we haven’t covered before due to the fact it doesn’t work in Australia yet) will also get a bump to v2.0. Nokia Transport is actually an app that helps you figure out bus and train schedules in your city (where available) for free. Nokia Transport 2.0 will now include bus and train schedules for more than 500 cities, so we should expect Australia to finally make the cut. The features includes:
- Search for public transport user’s location with respect to
- Displaying a nearby transportation: buses, trains, trams, subways, taxis, marked stops
- Show the route with transfers
- Support Schedule in 87 countries around the world
- Support for fast access to Favourites
- Advanced Search
- Saving query history
- Change the query without a new route
- Faster search and installation of the route
- Optimised application performance
As far as Release Dates go, nothing has been officially been announced but we can only hope that they will be out in June (which is not far off) and will be great timings for our Nokia Lumia 900 which is arriving this month. Stay tuned for more updates on this.