HTC Titan II heading for Australia in May, 16 megapixel camera in tow
The original HTC Titan might have completely ignored Australia, but it seems this is not the case for it’s successor, the HTC Titan II, which is heading for our shores beginning May if we can go by the ‘leaked’ photos obtained by WPDownunder. And that’s good news for all you Windows Phone fans down under because the HTC Titan II bring’s with it a whopping 16 mega pixel camera as well as LTE connectivity, making it only the third LTE phone in Australia! That’s a big deal for HTC, because it’s their second LTE phone as Telstra rushes to shore up their LTE phone profile.
For those of you who have forgotten, here are the specs of the HTC Titan II:
- Processor – 1.5GHz Snapdragon Processor
- Screen – 4.7-inch Super LCD WVGA Screen (800 x 480 screen resolution)
- Camera – 16 megapixel back camera with 720p video recording capabilities, fast wide-angle lens (f2.6, 28mm), autofocus, and dual LED flash
- Front Camera – 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- Battery – 1,730mAh battery to power everything
- OS – Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango)
That huge 4.7-inch display, with a massive 16 megapixel sensorm 4G LTE and the ultimate OS – Windows Phone makes for a pretty compelling case to purchase this phone! As for pricing, while there’s nothing fixed quite yet we can presume that we’re looking at the $79 plan for a free phone, and retail pricing should be above $700. Expensive? Quite – but absolutely worth it!
Meanwhile, we’ve reached out to HTC and Telstra for more information on this.