Facebook for Windows Phone getting updated soon, new features in tow
The Facebook app for Windows Phone has been getting a bit of stick because the app isn’t as fully robust as it’s iOS and Android counterparts, but that all seems to change soon with Facebook Version 2.5 for Windows Phone. The Facebook team say they have been hard at work to get the new features implemented, and it looks like all the missing features we have longed for are finally making their way over to our humble app.
Facebook say version 2.5 will have the following improvements:
- Threaded messaging
- Full Facebook threaded messaging including group messaging, all in a beautiful Metro style design.
- Now you can tag friends and locations in your posts in the ‘with’ and ‘at’ format.
- Delete posts and comments
- Use the tap and hold context menu to delete posts and comments from your wall.
- Active links in posts
- Tap on links in posts to go directly to the content.
- Updates to the photo comments and likes page
- The photo comments and likes page has been updated to match the posts comments and likes page. You can see a hint of the image at the top of the page, pull down and you can see the whole thing.
- And finally, by popular demand…
- …you can now ‘like’ comments!
Clearly a great update which should not only bring it to the standard of other OS Facebook apps, but improve it in some ways. No time frame was given on this update, but you can we sure we’ll be eager to get our hands on it. Hopefully the app is made even smoother with these changes so that we can have a very good Facebook app to complement the Facebook integration already within the phone. But expect it within the month.