Alienware announces X51, the small Gaming PC
We had heard a bit back that Alienware were planning to launch something this week (possibly a new laptop), and while that never materialized they did just announce their new X51 small form gaming PC (of course, anything from Alienware should be considered to have the terms Gaming after it). Of course, this is a fairly big switch from their usual large scale gaming desktops like the Aurora range (which are quite powerful, despite the expensive costs associated with it).
Therefore, Alienware have decided to cut down the starting price with the new X51 Desktop which starts at only $699 USD, as compared to the $2,000+ price given to the Aurora range. Of course, $699 only net’s you the basic range of specs with Core i3, although you can upgrade to Core i5 and Core i7 ranges thankfully. Other specs include 8GB of RAM (1333 MHz), 1 Terabyte hard drive, HDMI 1.4, on-board WiFi, USB 3.0 and digital 7.1 surround sound. User’s also have the option of a full size NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 graphics card, upgradeable to a GTX 555. While not the most powerful, Alienware is clearly aiming for people who want an Alienware branded desktop at a cut price, without losing out on a lot of performance (though we have no idea how this machine will actually perform in the real world, especially with games).
The case you see pictured above (it looks a little like the new Xbox 360 to us) obviously can change colour, as is a standard per Alienware these days for your customization needs. Currently the Dell page is showing the product to be unavailable but we expect that this will be available immediately starting tomorrow if you want to get your hands on it. For more information, head down to the Dell source link and pick one up today!
Alienware X51 Product Specifications:
- Intel Core i3 Dual Core (standard) and Intel Core i5 and i7 Quad Core Processor Options
- Intel H61 Express Chipset Architecture
- Mini-ITX Motherboard
- Powerful NVIDIA Graphics Card Options
- 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 (Standard)
- 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
- Configure with up to 8GB of DDR3 Memory (4GB Standard); 2x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
- Fast 7,200RPM 1TB Hard Drive
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
- Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (Standard) or optional Blu-ray Disc Reader
- Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with Waves MAXX Audio Software
- Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN (standard)
- USB 2.0 (6x); USB 3.0 (2x); Microphone In; Headphone/Speaker Out; HDMI 1.4 Output; RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet; Front, Rear and Center Speaker Ports; SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK); SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)
- Alienware 240 Watt Power Supply (Standard) or optional 330 Watt Power Supply
- Dual-orientation tower system dimensions: h: 13.5″ (343mm) x w: 3.74″ (95mm) x d: 12.52″ (318mm)
- Starting Weight: 12.1 lbs. (5.49 Kg.)