Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime specs and release date leaked, sounds incredible
For those of you unaware, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime is expected to be Google’s next big phone, that one phone to rule them all. What we don’t know, or rather didn’t, were the specs and release time frame of this phone which has got everyone talking and now courtesy of Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo we finally have the leaked specs (which to be fair were generally on par with what had been predicted). The tweet was leaked in Japanese via Twitter, and we bet they must be kicking themselves for that tweet (and if they aren’t, certainly Google and Samsung will be).
The exceptionally curvilicious device is expected to be revealed tomorrow at 1pm (Melbourne time) and has some pretty eye popping specs which should really set it apart from the current devices out there right now, although it’s not all sizzle and pop. The specs leaked are follows:
- Dimensions: 5.4in x 2.7in x .35in (or 13.7cm x 6.9cm x 0.9mm, with the device being 1.1cm at it’s thickest point)
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (which we’re really looking forward to)
- 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4460 processor (we were hoping for 1.4GHz or 1.5, but we suppose 1.2GHz dual core does fine)
- 4.65-inch 720×1280 AMOLED HD display (which may just be the Italian translation for Super AMOLED Plus, but wow at the ridiculously high def screen, with a PPI of 315 which is iPhone 4S’s retina screen quality)
- 5-megapixel CMOS rear camera with LED flash, capable of video capture in 1080p (we would have hoped for at least 8 Megapixel here, because we haven’t seen many perfect 5 Megapixel shooters in phones recently).
- 1.3-megapixel CMOS front-facing camera
- NFC Technology (Near Field Communication, the scan to pay chip in the phone)
- 1GB of RAM, 16/32 GB of on-board storage
- Probably microSD card slot
Really it’s the screen specs that blow us away, and the fact it’s 4.65-inches means that it would be amazing for watching videos on, especially on a Super AMOLED Plus Screen (click here to learn more about screen types). Just wow. We would love to get our hands on a device that crisp in the screen department, especially with such a perfect size.
Of course, do realise that leaks are never 100%, and we don’t fathom this being too inaccurate considering that we are 12 hours away from launch, but never underestimate the power of leaks and rumors. We’d be happy to keep the specs this way, but with a higher camera. As for availability, the Japanese carrier has confirmed availability for November 20th, 1 month away so stay tuned for our full report tomorrow.
Source: Tech Crunch