The Razer Blade – Sexy and Powerful, possibly deadly
We’ll have to admit that it’s been a while seen we’ve seen a laptop and wanted one very very much like the Rezor Blade from Razer above. That’s especially hard to believe since this editor here own an Alienware laptop. But no doubt that the Razer Blade (Very much pun intended from the company) is a laptop you come across often. And yes, you might remember Razer as the company that makes Mice, Gaming Headsets and other peripherals, and now they’re taking a dive into the gaming computer as well – and the specs only match how good this beast looks.
Together with Nvidia and Intel, they’ve put together a machine that looks so different from the mass of other gaming wanna-be computers and created what looks like a quality computer with powerful enough specs to blitz your competition. The specs are as follows:
- 2.8GHz Intel® Core i7 2640M Processor (2nd genereation)
- 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
- 17.3″ LED Backlit Display (1920×1080)
- NVIDIA GeForce® GT 555M with NVIDIA® Optimus Technology 2GB Dedicated GDDR5 Video Memory
- Built-in HD Webcam
- Integrated 60Wh Battery
- 320GB 7200rpm SATA HDD
- Wireless Network 802.11 b/g/n Compatible
- 16.81″ (Width) x 10.9″ (Depth) x 0.88″ (Height); 6.97lbs (Weight)
- Oh.. and it’s got that fancy touchscreen on it’s right hand side (basically a Razer Touchscreen Switchblade built in).
Yes some people might not like the fact it’s large at 17-inches, nor the fact it costs $2800! But according to Razer it’s also the thinnest laptop in it’s category, and probably the most powerful laptop that exists for it’s thickness. Let’s also not forget it’s using the fastest-dual core offering from Intel, it has a nice beastly graphics card, and they’ve also nicely thrown in 8GB of RAM. It’s got a great black aluminium chasis and it’s 0.88-inches thick. Kind of hard to say no to this.